Child Care Program Name
Hickory Foundation YMCA Child Development Center
Your Email[email@example.com](mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Staff: Part and Full Time Positions available
8-12:00pm/ 12:00pm – 6pm (we are flexible) this is part time/ Full Time 8 hour shifts varing during the day. Our hours are 6:30am – 6pm Monday thru Friday
1. Retaining a personal commitment to YMCA philosophy and the ability to implement values and education as role models
2. Planning and implementing weekly activity plans that fit children’s needs and provide appropriate balance and choices of activities
3. Assuring the safety, health, and welfare of the children
4. Assuring that children are accounted for at all times
5. Organizing and maintaining classroom activity areas, materials, supplies, and equipment in a responsible manner
6. Being responsible for the appearance and cleanliness of the YMCA and any area the children use
7. Keeping the director advised of equipment and materials that need to be repaired or replaced
8. Maintaining constant supervision of the children
9. Taking daily attendance and keeping all required reports pertaining to group
10. Building and maintaining effective communication lines with supervisor, staff, parents, and children
11. Understanding NC Child Daycare Requirements
12. Reporting to work promptly
13. Being well-groomed at all times and reporting to work properly dressed
14. Attending pre-employment and in-service training as required
15. Keeping the director informed of any classroom problems
16. Maintain and represent the YMCA in a professional standard at all times
17. Any other duties assigned by the Childcare Director
- Experience in working with preschool children.
- Group leadership skills and experience.
- Good human relation skills.
- A sincere appreciation for and interest in children, strong desire to work with children in the childcare setting.
- First Aid, CPR ( we provide this training) current negative TB test, medical exam, fingerprint check, criminal records check.
- Knowledge of emergency policies and procedures for the facility.
- Understanding of risk management issues and safety requirements for the facility and childcare program.
- Must be responsive to members and program participants.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have or working towards attaining a High School Diploma/GED.
- Have a North Carolina Early Childhood Credential or its equivalent within 18 months of enrolling in coursework. Must enroll in coursework with 6 months of employment.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills with volunteers, members, and parents.
$12.00-$16.00 per hour
How to Apply
Contact Nancy Mitchell at 828-838-1565 or email [email@example.com](mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org)