Child Care Program Name
Hickory YMCA Child Development Center
Toddler teacher and 2 year old teacher
Full time/Part time
- Plan and implement weekly activity plans that fit children’s needs and provide appropriate balance and choices of activities.
- Assure safety, health, and welfare of the children.
- Assure that children are accounted for at all times.
- Organize and maintain classroom activity areas, materials, supplies, and equipment in a responsible manner.
- Keep the director advised of equipment and materials that need to be repaired or replaced.
- Maintain constant supervision of the children.
- Take daily attendance and keep all required reports pertaining to group.
- Build and maintain effective communication lines with supervisor, staff, parents, and children.
- Understand NC Child Daycare Requirements.
- Report to work promptly.
- Attend pre-employment and in-service training as required.
- Keep the director informed of any classroom problems.
- Maintain and represent the YMCA in a professional standard at all times.
- Any other duties assigned by the Childcare Director or the Executive Director.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have or working towards attaining a High School Diploma/GED Have a North Carolina Early Childhood Credential or its equivalent within 18 months of enrolling in coursework. Must enroll in coursework within 6 months of employment.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills with volunteers, members, and parents.
How to Apply
Contact Hickory YMCA childcare center Director (Andi Bandy) at (828) 838-1565 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants may also come by and pick up and application for employment.
April 22, 2019