Child Care Program Name
St. Stephens Lutheran Pre-School
Angela Parlier – Preschool Director
Lead Teacher preschool 3 classroom and Assistant teacher in Preschool 4 classroom
8 – 4
Lead teacher responsibilities include:
- Managing the classroom and overall learning process for preschool children *Planning and implementing weekly lesson plans that offer age-appropriate activities that children will be engaged in and have fun while learning.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with parents, co-workers, and director.
- Keep a clean and organized classroom to provide a safe environment for children, to learn, play and grow
Assistant teacher responsibilities include:
- Assist lead teacher with activities and instruction *Help keep learning areas tidy and safe *Help provide a welcoming, inclusive learning environment for all children.
- Helping along with the lead teacher to provide overall supervision while with the children *Support each child’s social, emotional, and intellectual growth and development
Both positions must have the commitment and passion to work with children.
- Must be older than 18 years of age *Must have at least 2 years of experience in early childhood setting *Must meet all requirements regarding state compliance including criminal background check, TB test and first aid and CPR
- Must have at least 2-year degree in Early Childhood Development to be considered for lead teacher and must have at least Childhood Credentials to be considered for an assistant
- Must meet all required training and required number of contact hours needed yearly
Based on experience and education
How to Apply
Must be able to work summers.