Child Care Program Name
QUEST @ Catawba County Schools
Assistant Program Coordinator
6-8am & 2:30-6 pm// 27.5 hours weekly
- During the school year, QUEST Assistant Program Coordinators must be available to work 6:00am-8:30am and 3pm-6pm, Monday through Friday according to the Catawba County Schools calendar. Afternoon work hours may fluctuate to meet the needs of enrolled children.
During the school year, On Optional Teacher Workdays, Required Teacher Workdays & Annual Leave Days (Days that schools are closed to students QUEST is open for Full Days) Assistant Program Coordinators must be available to work anytime between 6am-6pm, Monday through Friday according to the Catawba County Schools calendar. Work hours may fluctuate to meet the needs of enrolled children.
Summer QUEST Assistant Program Coordinators must be available to work anytime between 6am-6pm, Monday through Friday.
QUEST Assistant Program Coordinators independently maintain appropriate supervision of a group of 13-24 children as defined by the NC Child Care regulations and plan and conduct age-appropriate activities.
Maintain proper supervision of students at all times in accordance with Section .1800 of the NC Child Care Regulations and the QUEST/ Catawba County Schools Student Code of Conduct discipline policies. Provide appropriate discipline when needed and in accordance with Section .1800 of the NC Child Care Regulations and the QUEST/ Catawba County Schools Student Code of Conduct discipline policies.
Assist the QUEST Program Coordinator with food service and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) duties and associated sanitation tasks.
Handle discipline problems according to the QUEST/Catawba County Schools Student Code of Conduct discipline policies.
Assist the QUEST Program Coordinator in keeping the program area clean, which includes sweeping, mopping and sanitizing floors, tables and bathrooms; maintaining proper use and storage of school/QUEST equipment.
Organize and maintain activity areas, materials and supplies, and equipment needed for daily activities. Keep the QUEST Program Coordinator advised of equipment and materials that need to be replaced or repaired.
Other duties as assigned by the QUEST Program Coordinator or QUEST Central Office Staff.
- High School Diploma required and must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience with elementary/ middle school children preferred.
$13.48 per hour
How to Apply
QUEST Programs Application Tips for Teacher Match Direct Link to apply online is: nc.teachermatch.org OR Start at the Catawba County Schools website: www.catawbaschools.net
* Click on “CAREERS”
* Left side of the page Click on “Apply Now”
* That opens the Human Resources- click on “CATAWBA COUNTY SCHOOLS JOB BOARD”
* In the “KEYWORDS” box type “QUEST”
– You may scroll through this list to find QUEST positions
– Once you find the specific QUEST position you want to apply for, just click on the “Paper and Pencil” icon beside the job title
* This opens the application software
* Click on a green button labeled “Apply”
* Continue through each section of the application
* All areas of the application will not have anything to do with our QUEST positions
* You will be asked to list at least the names of 3 professional references along with their email address and phone numbers.
YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO CALL QUEST FOR HELP – 828.466.7052