Child Care Program Name
QUEST @ Catawba County Schools
Assistant Program Coordinators
27.5 hrs weekly/ 6-9am & 2:30-6 pm
- During the school year, QUEST Assistant Program Coordinators must be available to work 6:00am-8:30am and 3pm-6pm, Monday through Friday according to the Catawba County Schools calendar. Afternoon work hours may fluctuate to meet the needs of enrolled children.
- During the school year, On Optional Teacher Workdays, Required Teacher Workdays & Annual Leave Days (Days that schools are closed to students QUEST is open for Full Days) Assistant Program Coordinators must be available to work anytime between 6am-6pm, Monday through Friday according to the Catawba County Schools calendar. Work hours may fluctuate to meet the needs of enrolled children.
- Summer QUEST Assistant Program Coordinators must be available to work anytime between 6am-6pm, Monday through Friday.
- QUEST Assistant Program Coordinators independently maintain appropriate supervision of a group of 13-24 children as defined by the NC Child Care regulations and plan and conduct age-appropriate activities.
- Maintain proper supervision of students at all times in accordance with Section .1800 of the NC Child Care Regulations and the QUEST/ Catawba County Schools Student Code of Conduct discipline policies. Provide appropriate discipline when needed and in accordance with Section .1800 of the NC Child Care Regulations and the QUEST/ Catawba County Schools Student Code of Conduct discipline policies.
- Assist the QUEST Program Coordinator with food service and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) duties and associated sanitation tasks.
- Handle discipline problems according to the QUEST/Catawba County Schools Student Code of Conduct discipline policies.
- Assist the QUEST Program Coordinator in keeping the program area clean, which includes sweeping, mopping and sanitizing floors, tables and bathrooms; maintaining proper use and storage of school/QUEST equipment.
- Organize and maintain activity areas, materials and supplies, and equipment needed for daily activities. Keep the QUEST Program Coordinator advised of equipment and materials that need to be replaced or repaired.
- Other duties as assigned by the QUEST Program Coordinator or QUEST Central Office Staff.
- High School Diploma required and must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience with elementary/ middle school children preferred.
Additional requirements include:
$14.02 per hour
How to Apply
- Click on “CAREERS”
- Scroll down, Left side of the page Click on “Apply Now”
- That opens the Human Resources- click on “CATAWBA COUNTY SCHOOLS JOB BOARD”
- In the “SEARCH” box type “QUEST”
- Once you find the specific QUEST position you want to apply for, just click on “APPLY” on the right side of the desired position
- The next screen will display the job description of the position you will be applying for. Please read through the job description, if you have any questions please call QUEST at 828.466.7052
- If you have never been on TalentEd before you will need to Create a New Account and Apply under “I am a new applicant” or sign in using your Username and Password
Continue through each section of the application (All areas of the application will not have anything to do with our QUEST positions)
Must list the names of 3 professional references along with their email address and phone numbers.
YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO CALL QUEST FOR HELP – 828.466.7052